NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy February, Everyone!

February 1st, and we're creeping closer to spring!! It's Friday, the temperature is above zero, and we get to take the boys to agility class tonight . . . I'm thinking it's a very good day! Next Sunday we have our first agility competition since Peter wrecked his knee in September. I'm so excited to be going back! Since Peter still can't run, I'll be running both Max and Skye, which will be interesting. I'll be sure to post the results here and let you know how they do. Or how I do. The dogs always do great! It's Handler Mom who messes them up sometimes. :-)

My Minnesota Timberwolves are having a great stretch, and I'm thrilled for them! 4-2 in the last 6 games. Too bad Big Al Jefferson didn't make the All Star team, but he will eventually. The guy is amazing! Not to mention he seems like a nice guy in general.

On the book front, I feel like I didn't get a lot read in January, but I did finish off 3 really big books: War & Peace, World Without End, and Wizard's First Rule. (The running tracker is below the posts.) Mrs. Dalloway is taking me way too long, but Peter and I have been busy. I'm on a mission to finish that off tomorrow.

I'm very excited about discovering and entering the world of Reading Challenges! I joined *way* too many, pledged to read approximately 110 books between now and Dec. 31, and I'm loving every minute of it. I have no idea if I can actually finish all that, but all I need is half a reason to try. I'm meeting great new folks out here through all of it and looking forward to meeting more. One of the things I'd like to do over the course of the next 11 months is to learn enough about how all this blogging, Mr. Linky, etc., etc., works and host a Challenge of my own next year. I'm keeping a list of ideas. . . Ancient History, anyone? Tudor England? So many possibilities. . . If anyone has any tips, please let me know!

Lezlie

No comments: