NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Saturday, December 12, 2009

THE CORINTHIAN

by Georgette Heyer



"Penelope Creed will do anything to avoid marrying her repulsive cousin. Dressed in boy's clothing, she's fleeing from London when she's discovered by Sir Richard Wyndham, himself on he verge of the most momentous decision of his life. When Sir Richard encounters the lovely fugitive, he knows he can't allow her to travel the countryside all alone, so he offers himself as her protector. As it happens, at that very moment Sir Richard could use an escape of his own." (From the back of the Sourcebooks edition.)

When a reader is looking for a bit of fun and romance, she could hardly go wrong choosing just about any Georgette Heyer regency romance. The Corinthian is light, adorable and a perfect book for when you want to smile from the first page to the last.



7 comments:

Kristen Howe said...

Hmm. Sounds tempting to read the classical romances in the Regency period. Sounds like it's a possible read for me in the future. Thanks.

Ladytink_534 said...

After Christmas I'm finally going to pick up one of her books. I've seen reviews for just about every one she's written already and not one bad one in the bunch!

Lezlie said...

Kristen ~ I don't read much romance anymore. I think I burned myself out on them many years ago, but I still adore regencies and Heyer is one of the best!

Ladytink ~ I've enjoyed all of them I have read, but my favorite so far has been The Quiet Gentleman. I highly recommend that one! Second would be Cotillion.

Lezlie

Joanne said...

I agree, Lezlie -- Georgette Heyer's style is charming and witty and they are a nice change of pace.

Lezlie said...

Joanne ~ Isn't it great knowing there is an author you can turn to when you just want to have fun? I'm so glad I finally discovered Heyer!

Lezlie

Svea Love said...

Sounds great! Thanks :)

Lezlie said...

Muse In The Fog ~ You're welcome!

Lezlie