NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, September 2, 2009

206 BONES

by Kathy Reichs



"Tempe awakes in a cramped, dark space, bound at the hands and feet and completely alone. As she reconstructs the events preceding her predicament, Tempe assembles a case of sabotage and murder that runs from Montreal to Chicago." (From the CD container.)

Despite what follows in the next paragraph, I want to make it clear that I really enjoyed 206 Bones, Kathy Reich's twelfth Temperance Brennan novel. No matter the foibles I may or may not identify in any given book, the series holds strong for me and keeps me not only coming back for more but anxiously awaiting the next installment.

Now for those foibles. I find it very odd that, unless I overlooked it somewhere, the death of a pretty significant recurring character in the previous book is never mentioned here. Not once. Is that weird to anyone but me? Also, you'd think Tempe would be a little more careful these days after being captured by the bad guy in -- what? Every other book? I'm surprised she isn't suffering a permanent concussion with as many times as she's been whacked on the head. Maybe she should take Ryan more seriously regarding those offers to look after her? I'm just sayin' . . .

But those are my only complaints, if you can even call them complaints. I adore this series and have every intention of snapping up every one Reichs puts out there for us, warts and all.



Other Reviews:

Back To Books
He Followed Me Home . . . Can I Keep Him?

6 comments:

joanna said...

I rememeber reading a couple of the first ones and liking them. I want to continue with the series, but I can't remember when I stopped, maybe I should just start at the beginning again!!

Lezlie said...

Joanna ~ I'll bet they'd be just as entertaining the second time around. :-)

Lezlie

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

It's an honor to be linked, thanks Lezlie!

Lezlie said...

Mel ~ An honor? Awesome! :-) You're most welcome!

Lezlie

Jackie said...

I shake my head with every book I read, wondering how a woman that has been in her, what, mid-forties (?) for the duration of the series, can constantly come out without some kind of lasting damage, lol.

I have linked to your review from mine and have an award waiting for you at my blog: This Girl's Ever Expanding Library

Lezlie said...

Jackie ~ Exactly! Now that I think about it, maybe it's all those whacks on the head that have addled her enough to keep turning Ryan's offers for protection down.

Thank you so much for the award!
Lezlie