NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Short Story Reviews


Disclaimer -- I don't really think "review" is the correct word to use, but lacking a more descriptive prospect off the top of my head, I'll just go with it. I'm not a critic, I'm not a literature major, I'm not an aspiring writing. I'm just a big fan of reading. These aren't "reviews" so much as simply my thoughts on the stories, whether I liked them or not, and who else may enjoy them. I won't be rating them as my feelings regarding certain stories tend to change as time goes on. I can never really tell if a story deserves a personal 4 or 5 star rating until long afer I've read it. It's only then that the truly memorable reveal themselves. Some may find my musings helpful or interesting, others may not. Fair enough. If I can help even just a few fellow readers discover a new favorite they may have otherwise missed, I'll call it a job well done!

If I've given my thoughts on a collection of short stories, that book will be listed along with other books under "Author" and "Title" posts, rather than here.


B

Berg, Elizabeth -- The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted

E

Ellison, Ralph -- Battle Royal

F

Faulkner, William -- Barn Burning

G

Greene, Graham -- The Destructors

H

Hemingway, Ernest -- Up In Michigan

M

Mansfield, Katherine -- Miss Brill

T

Tolstoy, Leo -- God Sees The Truth But Waits
Twain, Mark -- The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County

W

Welty, Eudora -- A Worn Path
Whitecloud, Tom -- Blue Winds Dancing


No comments: