NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Sunday, November 9, 2008

Short Story: BARN BURNING

by William Faulkner

It is stories like these that truly showcase my non-Literature major credentials. I read Barn Burning. I didn't get it. I fell asleep while reading it. Quality analysis not forthcoming. Sorry.

I read this during the Read-A-Thon, and I had a few commenters tell me not to feel bad. It was Faulkner after all. :-) I'm glad it wasn't just me, but I'm not going to blame Faulkner in general. After all, I did read A Rose For Emily last year, and I thought that was a fantastic, creepy little story. I will not be giving up on Faulkner, but this story did nothing for me at all. Perhaps I'll give it another shot later using a study guide.



2 comments:

Andi said...

I know I read this one in high school or college at some point, but I don't remember a thing about it. Sounds like I'm not missing much! :)

Lezlie said...

Andi ~ At this point, I say go for "A Rose For Emily". :-)