NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Sunday, November 23, 2008

FARO'S DAUGHTER

by Georgette Heyer



Social fireworks explode when Max Ravenscar attemps to bribe Miss Deborah Grantham, a gaming house mistress, into spurning his nephew's marriage proposals. Miss Grantham had no intentions to marry the young Lord Mablethorpe to begin with, but that doesn't stop her from planning her madcap revenge on Ravenscar for his insults.

Faro's Daughter took a little more time to get moving than did Cotillion, but once it got its momentum, it was a rollicking good time! I'm learning I that if I want an amusing light romance to pass some time this winter, Georgette Heyer will be one of the first that I reach for. I have now read two of her regencies, and I read both with a smile on my face.



8 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Again, it seems like everyone and their mother has read at least one of her books lately! I will get to her eventually I just know it lol.

Lezlie said...

Ladytink ~ Sourcebooks has been really pushing the reissues of her work. She is fun to read!

Lezlie

Darlene said...

I've got a couple of Heyer's books to start and I can't wait.

Lezlie said...

Dar ~ I have one more here, too. I have one other book I have to review first though. Which ones do you have? I can't wait to see your reviews for her!

Lezlie

Darlene said...

lol-I just put them on my Mailbox Monday post-The Cotillion and The Conqueror. Do you have any of those?

Lezlie said...

Dar ~ Those are the only other two I've read. I'll go comment on your post now! :-)

Lezlie

Jeanette said...

I think it is great that so many people are discovering or rediscovering Georgette Heyer.
Now if only I could get Sourcebooks to send some my way! :-)

Lezlie said...

Jeanette ~ Have you contacted them? I contacted them via email earlier this year, and they've been very generous with review copies!

Lezlie