NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, February 28, 2008

Booking Through Thursday



Who is your favorite female lead character? And why? (And yes, of course, you can name more than one . . . I always have trouble narrowing down these things to one name, why should I force you to?)

A tough one! Until the series went to hell in a handbasket (in my personal opinion), I would have easily said Anita Blake. She was my absolute favorite until she got all trampy on me. Hmmmm. . . Temperance Brennan from Kathy Reichs' series is a pretty great character, so she's close to the top of the list. Off the top of my head though, I may have to cast my vote for Adelia Aguilar from Mistress of the Art of Death and The Serpent's Tale by Ariana Franklin. She's a medieval forensic practictioner, tough and competent, but still has feelings. She makes mistakes, but owns up to them, and she's got a quick wit. And she keeps her dog with her all the time, so she wins extra points from me! :-)

Lezlie

4 comments:

Pabast said...

I came across Mistress of the Art of Death at Borders. I almost bought it, but put it back. Now I will have to get. Sounds like something I would read.

trish said...

Since we agree on Anita Blake, I think I'll check out those other books you recommend. Happy BTT!

joanna said...

I don't know Anita Blake...

But you got my intruiged by Mistress of the Art of Death, I think I'll have to read that at some point!

Lezlie said...

Pabast & Trish ~ I don't think you'll be disappointed! :-)

Joanna ~ Anita Blake is the main character in Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake - Vampire Hunter series. I loved the first 5 or so books, then it just got much too slutty. And not in a good way. I still highly recommend the beginning of that series though. Just stop when the bed-hopping gets out of hand if you want to.

Lezlie