NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Projects!


Wow. There are way too many great reading lists out there. My poor little head is spinning! Joanna at Lost In A Good Story has let us know that it is World Book Day on March 6, and there is a list of 100 Books to Talk About in 2008 included. More lists!!

And therein lies the problem with planning all of my reading for a whole year. There's always more I learn about or find I forgot about. I made no plans for non-fiction in this year's plan. I've become obsessed with the Great Books lists. I want to do the Pulitzer Project, the Nobel Project, the ALA Notable Books Project (I haven't found anything official for this idea), the National Book Award Project. . . Hmmmm. . . Now that I listen to myself, maybe there is something to be said for planning. I won't get any of the projects done if I keep switching! (Insert pathetic sigh here. . .) OK. Back to my original plan. However, nothing is stopping me from thinking about next year's plan! In the meantime, I'm collecting lists, lists, lists!! Perhaps a Projects Blog is in my future?

So many books. . .
Lezlie

3 comments:

joanna said...

Your post sounds as excited about lists as I feel!! ;-)

I had a look at the Great Books link but I think they're too heavy for me... Thankfully!

Lezlie said...

Joanna ~ I am! I am such a list junky that it's scary. The Great Books list scares the daylights out of me, but I think that's why I'm so intrigued by it. I'm afraid it's too much for me, so I want to prove myself wrong. I'm picking away David Denby's "Great Books" to see what I think before I make the plunge.

L.

Anonymous said...

For the 100+ Reading Challenge, I am doing something fun. Well, at least I think it is. I'd like to start posting the participating members favorite book for each month on the blog. Mine is already up for January. Send me your favorite book and author of the book for January. As soon as this month is over, I’ll post one for February.