NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins



1. Getting home is the best thing about traveling. Needless to say, I'm not much of a traveller. I'm a major league homebody.

2. I love a good cup of hot tea and a comfy robe when I'm cold.

3. I often use bad language when I'm driving. I admit it.

4. I'm reading Swann's Way by Marcel Proust right now; I like it alot.

5. Politics is something I dislike talking about.

6. When I visited New York I most looked forward to seeing The Museum of Natural History.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to singing with Tony now that my voice is feeling more normal again, tomorrow my plans include reading, lounging and recoving from the emotional drainage from losing Miss Cleo this week and Sunday, I want to watch the T-Wolves beat the Mavs. I've got my fingers crossed!

I finally had the courage to have my blog reading level rated. I got a "Genius" rating! Yippee! I know it really means nothing, but it made me feel good. :-)

And just for your Friday fun, here is a quick video clip of the show my friend Tony and I do a couple times a month. Even when we get older, we still want to play Rock Star! Peter filmed this just before Christmas. (Check out the boots. They're my fav!!! But holy cow they make my feet hurt. . .) :-)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Lezlie

PS Play along with Friday Fill-Ins here.


5 comments:

joanna said...

Ah, so you're a fellow singer! Wow, I'm really impressed, you have a great voice! And stage presence!

Lezlie said...

Thanks! I just have fun. When it's not fun anymore, I'll retire. (And at 43 years old, getting hit on by drunk 20-somethings can be, ah, weird. . .)

I hope to hear you sing sometime!

By the way, my hubby wanted me to tell you he's Belgian. I told him that's where your profile says you live. Have you always lived there? It's exciting to be in touch with people from all over the world just with the click of a mouse! :-)

Lezlie

joanna said...

I live in Belgium - have been in Brussels for 13 years now. But I'm not Belgian, I'm Polish. But I didn't always live in Poland either, I kind of grew up all over the place, including the US actually, I live in NY when I was little.

Is your husband 'actually' Belgian? Or American?

And you? Are you from Minnesota?

Lezlie said...

I'm Minnesota born and raised. So is Peter, but his ancestry is Belgian. In a State full of Scandinavians, he's proud to be different. :-)

L.

Janet said...

I used LOTS of bad language this morning at the slew of bad drivers in front of me. As soon as I lost one, another would take it's place. Sheesh!

Thanks for playing :-)