NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Monday, February 11, 2008

Good Boys!!!

Good Morning, Everyone!

The trial yesterday went great!! It was a Canine Performance Events (CPE) trial, and the boys competed in 4 events each for a total of 8 runs. Between the two of them, we had 5 qualifying runs (or "Q"s), and placements of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. There would have been another 1st in there, but I yelled "Yahoo!" just a second too early at the finish of one of the runs, startled Max, and he knocked down the very last bar as he was jumping. Bad Mom! The runs we didn't Q in were totally my fault. I made a few errors in my handling. The dogs ran like champs and did exactly what I asked them to do. Unfortunately, I gave them a couple of wrong directions. Oops. On the upside, I really learned a lot and hopefully can correct the issues I had for our next trial in April.

We are very proud of Max and Skye! They've been away from competition for almost 6 months and went in yesterday like they've never missed a day! Max even finally finished up 2 more of his titles, one of them being his very first Level 3 title. Go Maxwell! Skye finished up a few last time, and would have had another one yesterday if it weren't for my messing him up on his Snooker run. We were sooooooo close! Oh well. Next time!

Now I have to clean my neglected house, check on my sick kitty (a 16-year-old Persian, Cleopatra, my only little girl in the house), and hopefully finish up my first Chunkster of the year. Then back to corporate reality tomorrow. . .

Have a good Monday!
Lezlie

No comments: