NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, February 21, 2008

Booking Through Thursday



All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

I waver on this from time to time, but I would have to say overall I prefer trade-size paperbacks. They're bigger than the mass market paperbacks, so they give some of the sturdier feel of hardcovers, but they are easier to haul around and I like the look of them all lined up on the shelves. I find hardcovers cumbersome most of the time, but, that being said, there are some books in my personal library that have merited the purchase of a hardcover either due to the books themselves, or the fact that they are part of a series that I like the looks of. For example, I have the Everyman's Library hardcovers of The Iliad, The Odyssey, The Aeneid and The Divine Comedy.

Play along with Booking Through Thursday here!

It's almost Friday!
Lezlie

4 comments:

Maree said...

I hadn't thought of trade paperbacks. They do look tidy, all lined up :)

trish said...

Yeah, good point on the trade paperbacks. I do try to buy those if I can...

softdrink said...

I shoulda remembered the trade paperbacks, too. I cetainly have enough of them. They usually have the best covers, too.

Anonymous said...

Why is it so difficut to choose? I want both!

Format