NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, February 7, 2008

Booking Through Thursday



A fun thing to do! A new question every Thursday, just for the fun of it! I need it, since I have been sicker than sick the last couple of days. A nasty case of bronchitis. On the upside, I got half of my first Chunkster read while I was on the couch for two days. :-)


Enough about that, and on to this week's Booking Through Thursday question:


Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?


You may (or may not) have noticed from past posts, I am a huge Minnesota Timberwolves fan, so a lot of winter is spent watch the games on TV and going to the games whenever we can. I think by the time this season's over, Peter and I will have gone to about 13 games. I love my Wolves!


Neither Peter or I are big TV watchers, but when we feel like slacking, we love watching old TV shows on DVD. We watched all 5 seasons of "Andromeda" recently, and we just finished "Twin Peaks", which was totally new for me. I had never seen it before. What a cool show! We're also slowly working our way through "Charlie's Angels", "Northern Exposure" and "Scrubs", and "X-Files" and "Star Trek: Next Generation" are on the radar for someday.


Our big leisure time activity, though, is our dogs. We compete in agility with both Skye and Max, and it is one of the most amazing things I have ever done. I've loved dogs my whole life, but never showed them or anything like that. For us, there is nothing like running an obstacle course with our 4-legged team mates. There is such a deep connection that develops between you and your dog. I can't explain it. We train agility two nights a week, and go to obedience one night a week, and we usually compete about one weekend a month, sometimes two. And you should see their faces when we say, "Do you want to go to school?" If only kids loved school so much! :-)


You can see other people's answers to this question here.



Lezlie

6 comments:

chelsea said...

I love watching old TV shows on DVD. One day I'll find the time to do that again.

joanna said...

We watch series on DVD too... often! ;-) We just finished the Gilmore Girls (brilliant, is way better than it sounds, very intelligent writing) and Arrested Development (so funny!) and are Buffy fans. I haven't watched Twin Peaks yet but heard it was really cool!

Hope you feel better soon!

Lezlie said...

Ebony ~ I love old TV shows. I just haven't been interested in new ones. Except Scrubs. . .

Joanna ~ If you watch Twin Peaks, please come back and let me know what you thought! I had no clue what it was about, but Peter said I just had to watch it. I thought it was amazing! And I had a huge crush on Agent Cooper by the end of the show. . . :-)

I should put Buffy on our list, too. That always looked interesting to me.

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing how good Twin Peaks is but if I start watching it, I want to start from the beginning.
The agility competitions with your dogs looks very cool.

Lezlie said...

Jaimie ~ You have to start at the beginning with Twin Peaks. Otherwise it won't make any sense at all. There are only 29 episodes in total, so it goes quickly! Too bad, because I wasn't ready for it to end.

The agility is very cool. We have a competition this coming Sunday, our first since September. I can hardly wait to get back in the ring!

karen! said...

This week's BTT question was really fun. It's interesting to see what everyone likes doing with the rest of their free time.