NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, January 31, 2008

2008 Short Story Challenge

I need my head examined. Didn't I say just yesterday that the two (two!!) challenges I joined yesterday would be it? Here's my new thinking: I'm going to join 100 challenges this year. That should cover any other lapses in judgment I may have over the next 11 months. :-) As if I need to explain myself to other book addicts, here is my reason for joining the Short Story Challenge: Sometimes a person just wants to read something really short. Enough said.

Since I'm a short story extreme novice, I will choose Option #1 -- 10 short stories by 10 different authors. I won't include the Edgar Allan Poe story I read earlier this month, as I was not officially in the Challenge at the time. I will, however, list the ones I read here:

Completed: 10/10 as of Dec.. 21, 2008 **FINISHED**

1. "Battle Royal" by Ralph Ellison
2. "Miss Brill" by Katherine Mansfield
3. "The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted" by Elizabeth Berg
4. "God Sees The Truth But Waits" by Leo Tolstoy
5. "Barn Burning" by William Faulkner
6. "Up In Michigan" by Ernest Hemingway
7. "The Destructors" by Graham Greene
8. "A Worn Path" by Eudora Welty
9. "Blue Winds Dancing" by Tom Whitecloud
10. "The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" by Mark Twain

This will be fun!!
Lezlie

No comments: