NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2008 Reading Goals

Like many other readers out there, I love to set reading reading goals for the year. My favorite part of New Year's Eve is sitting down with the reading journal I have kept since 1993 and writing down my challenges for the coming months. Here was what I wrote for this year:

Read a minimum of 100 books, at least 50 coming from the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" list. Also, read at least 10 books from the list Bookmarks Magazine chose as the Best Literature of 2007.

At the time I set these goals, I had never explored this intriguing world of reader blogs and the interesting reading challenges many of them propose. I'm still not ready to jump in and sign up for any yet, but I'll be following along with a couple on my own while I familiarize myself with all of this. The ones I've chosen to play with are the 2008 A-Z Reading Challenge and the Decades Reading Challenge. I know I'm not "officially" in the challenge, but it will be a lot of fun to pretend! There are soooo many more out there that it will be hard in the future to not make too many promises to myself. But then again, that's half the fun, isn't it?? :-)

In a future post, I will discuss the two ongoing reading projects set out for myself last year: Reading the whole list of "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" and reading all of Agatha Christie's mysteries.

Until then~
Happy reading!
Lezlie

No comments: