OK. Here we go!
I've never done this blogging thing before, but I'm ready to give it a try. And to start out, I thought I'd list 5 things about me so you can get to know who's talking to you:
1. Aside from my family and pets, books are the love of my life. That is really what this blog is all about. My addiction to books. It will give me someone to yap at about them without my husband, Peter, having to listen to it all the time. :-)
2. I am married to a college math professor, Peter. More on him as the blog progresses . . . (No worries, it's all good!) We have only four-legged children: An old white tomcat named Jack, a Persian kitty named Cleopatra who runs the household, and two Border Collies who keep us very busy.
3. Peter and I compete with our two Border Collies, Skye and Max, in the fabulous sport of Dog Agility. You'll be hearing a lot about that in the future. We have currently been away from the competition circuit while Peter's ACL reconstruction heals, but I'll be running the boys in a competition on Feb. 10, so I'll let you know how they fare!
4. I am also a singer and I perform approximately twice a month with my friend Tony at various bars just north of the Twin Cities. We perform under the name DIVA. I'll post a picture or two later for laughs.
5. I don't like to travel. Truth be told, I'm not real fond of being away from home in general.
That's the quick introduction. I'm looking forward to sharing all my reading adventures and hearing about yours!
NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)
Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!