NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, January 17, 2008

2008 A-Z Reading Challenge

As long as I've jumped in already, why not make it two official challenges? You can catch the details of this challenge from the "Official Reading Challenge Sites" link in my side bar. I will keep track of my personal progress here, easily accessed by the "My Challenges" sidebar link. I'm having way too much fun with all of this!!

Lezlie

2/1/08 -- I made my spreadsheet to organize myself now that I've committed to so many Challenges, so I can now list nearly everything I plan to read. I'm undecided about a Q author at the moment. Amanda Quick and Daniel Quinn are the current front-runners. Thankfully, I don't have to decide right now. :-)

11/22/08 -- I've made the executive decision to abandon this challenge. I could fill in a lot more letters right now with what I've read, but I know I won't do "X". I'm just not interested. Nothing personal, X. It's not you, it's me. :-) I just have some other challenges I want to finish up instead. This one has been fun, but I don't think I'll pick it up for 2009. There are a bunch of there Challenges I want to try instead. I may come back to it some other year though!

Completed: 26/52 as of August 11, 2008
Finished books are linked to my review

BY AUTHOR:

A -- Aesop (The Complete Fables)
B -- Burroughs, William S. (Junky)
C -- Christie, Agatha (Hercule Poirot's Christmas)
D -- Dunn, Suzannah (The Queen of Subtleties)
E -- Eisner, Michael Alexander (The Crusader)
F -- Follett, Ken (World Without End)
G -- Grahame, Kenneth (The Wind In The Willows)
H -- Huxley, Aldous (Brave New World)
I -- Ishiguro, Kazuo (Never Let Me Go)
J -- Joyce, James (Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man)
K -- Kostova, Elizabeth (The Historian)
L -- LaMarche, Phil (American Youth)
M -- Milbank, Dana (Homo Politicus)
N -- Naipaul, V.S. (A Bend In The River)
O -- Oates, Joyce Carol (Black Girl/White Girl)
P -- Proust, Marcel (Swann's Way)
Q -- Quinn, Daniel (After Dachau)
R -- Ryman, Geoff (Was)
S -- Stevenson, Robert Louis (Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde)
T -- Thiong'o, Ngugi Wa (Petals of Blood)
U -- Updike, John (Rabbit, Run)
V -- Verne, Jules (Journey to the Center of the Earth)
W -- Woolf, Virginia (Mrs. Dalloway)
X -- Xenophon (The Persian Expedition)
Y -- Yourcenar, Marguerite (Memoirs of Hadrian)
Z -- Zola, Emile (Theresa Raquin)


BY TITLE:

A -- After Dark (Haruki Murakami)
B -- Borgia Bride, The (Jeanne Kalogridis)
C -- Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
D -- The Devil's Bones (Jefferson Bass)
E -- Even Cowgirls Get The Blues (Tom Robbins)
F -- Finn (Jon Clinch)
G -- The Gospel of Judas (Simon Mawer)
H -- A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters (Julian Barnes)
I -- In The Company of the Courtesan (Sarah Dunant)
J -- Jungle, The (Upton Sinclair)
K -- King Solomon's Mines (H. Rider Haggard)
L -- The Last Wife of Henry VIII (Carolly Erickson)
M -- Mistress of the Revolution (Catherine Delors)
N -- Nada (Carmen Laforet)
O -- Odd Hours (Dean Koontz)
P -- Picture of Dorian Gray, The (Oscar Wilde)
Q -- Queen's Secret, The (Jean Plaidy)
R -- The Romanov Bride (Robert Alexander)
S -- Swallows of Kabul, The (Yasmina Khadra)
T -- Timbuktu (Paul Auster)
U -- Untouchable, The (John Banville)
V -- Virgin Suicides, The (Jeffrey Eugenides)
W -- Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The (L. Frank Baum)
X -- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron (Michael Stackpole)
Y -- Youth (J.M. Coetzee)
Z -- Zeno's Conscience (Italo Svevo)

1 comment:

Joy said...

Welcome to the A ~ Z Reading Challenge, Lezlie! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun. Happy Reading and Linking! :)