NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2008 Decades Reading Challenge

OK. I've changed my mind. And anyone who knows me gets pretty used to that in a hurry!

I've decided to plunge in and officially sign up for the Decades Reading Challenge. I don't know why this makes me nervous. It can't be the commitment to read. Making reading lists is pretty much a necessary life function for me. Kind of like breathing. A girl has to have goals, right? :-) It's probably just this newness to the whole blogging world.

So here's the Official List. Books I've finished are in bold.

CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!
Completed: 8/8 as of May 13, 2008

1860s
Journey To The Center of the Earth
Jules Verne


1870s
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Mark Twain


1880s
King Solomon's Mines
H. Rider Haggard


1890s
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Oscar Wilde


1900s
The Wind In The Willows
Kenneth Grahame


1910s
Swann's Way
Marcel Proust


1920s
Mrs. Dalloway
Virginia Woolf

1930s
Brave New World
Aldous Huxley


Most of these are also on the "1001 Books" list also. That will help with my goal of 50 for this year on that project.

Good luck everyone!
Lezlie

3 comments:

1morechapter said...

I've added you to the Decades Blogroll. Thanks for joining!

Shelley said...

I loved Mrs. Dalloway and Brave New World. That's great that you can chip away at the 1001 books list. Very ambitious!

Lezlie said...

Chain Reader ~ I can't stick to one list, so slipping books from the 1001 List into various Challenges keeps me plugging away at it without making it feel like a required reading list. :-)

Lezlie