NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You Go, Girlfriends!


I'm so glad I discovered book blogging and found out there were readers even crazier than me! :-) I've now found Veronica, who is making a project of the library of Penguin Classics, a project idea I myself have kicked around in the past and still may pick up the torch for at some point. Make sure you stop over at her blog and cheer her on!

I'd also like to welcome the folks who have decided to join me and many others reading off the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" list. We all have our work cut out for us! And kudos to all the fabulous projects and challenges going on out here in cyberspace! This is just too much fun!

As usual, I'm not getting as much reading done as I would like. Dog school is keeping us busy, and now that Peter and I have officially become "Timberwolves Season Ticket Holders" (insert huge grin here), I'm probably going to have to make sure I pick up a few more shows with Tony to make sure I can pay the bill! :-) Go Wolves!!! I'm hoping to finish off The Orchard Keeper today or tomorrow and move on to some more Jean Plaidy. I'm in the mood for some good history and royal scandal. . .

And check out the Novella Challenge for something a little lighter. Again, resistance is futile. . .

Lezlie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that "resistance is futile" - all it takes is one look at my challenge lists to realize how true a statement that is!

I can't wait to see what you have to say about The Orchard Keeper and Jean Plaidy. They are both on my radar, so, you know, no pressure. Muwahaha.

Lezlie said...

J.C. ~ So far my reaction to The Orchard Keeper is, "Huh?" But this is my 3rd Cormac McCarthy book, so I'm familiar with that feeling for a good portion of the read. :-) I'll have the final analysis for you by this weekend.

Lezlie