NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Short Stories


I've never been much of a short story reader, but for a long time I have wanted to learn more about them and to develop an appreciation. I joined the Short Story Challenge just for that purpose. It provided a reason for me to interrupt my steady flow of novels for brief moments and begin my short story education. The couple that I've read so far, I've really enjoyed and would like to share them with those of you who have read the reviews and would like to read the stories for yourself. Therefore, I have added links to online texts of the two stories I have reviewed so far and will continue to do so for those that are available. If you've already read my reviews, feel free to come back and read the stories themselves and let me know what you thought of them! Here are links back to the original two for your convenience:

"Battle Royal" by Ralph Ellison
"Miss Brill" by Katherine Mansfield

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Lezlie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting our blog at Books on the Nightstand. I'm looking forward to reading the rest, but had to stop and comment on this post. I, too, am exploring the world of short stories, and in fact, our next podcast will be covering the topic. Do you mind if I mention your blog in the podcast or show notes? I hadn't heard of the Short Story Challenge until I read it here!

(I'm going to have to share your blog with my friend, who is not only a great reader, but has a border collie!).

Thanks again for the visit!

Ann

Lezlie said...

Ann ~ Hello! And thanks for the return visit! :-) Feel free to mention this blog anytime you'd like! And have fun with the Short Story Challenge. I'm finding that I like them much more than I used to. Maybe I'm just making better choices . . . :-)

Lezlie