NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Project In The Works. . .



Hi, Everyone!

I'm hard at work developing a new, fun and educational reading project. I posted about my U.S. Presidents Reading Project, and a few people had expressed an interest in joining in and wondered if I was going to host an "official" project. I mulled it over, and I've decided to go ahead and take the plunge! I'm working on the blog now. It will be a project in which participants read at least one non-fiction book about each President, taking as long as they would like to do so. I would like the blog to act as a resource for everyone who would like to participate. There will be links to each participant's site, if they so choose, pages for each President and book suggestions for each with convenient links to Amazon for more information. There will be open comments where participants can review the books they've read, leave links to the reviews on their own sites, and leave additional suggestions for books. There will even be a link to the White House website where readers can do some additional exploration. I'm thrilled with the way it is developing and hoping to officially open the project for participation in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. I can't wait to get it all going! Unfortunately, this is also causing other wild ideas. World Leaders Reading Project, anyone? :-)

Lezlie

6 comments:

Teddy Rose said...

great Lezle! How about combining world leaders with U.S. presedents? People could read a variety of books leaders all over the world including, but not limited to the U.S. Presidents. Nelson Mandela would be at the top of my list! I'm actually more interested in reading about inspiratioal leaders rather that every U.S. president.

Lezlie said...

Teddy Rose ~ I thought about something like that, but I decided to keep the presidents separate. When you see the site, you'll see why! :-) Even if you don't read all the presidents, it will still be a good resource. Exploring this project definitely has lead to a yearning to read about the rest of the world, too. I've thought about a non-fiction version of "Reading The World". I despair of never being able to read everything I'm coveting at the bookstore. . .

Lezlie

Pabast said...

Lezlie,

I think that this will be a fun project to do. I like that idea that there is no dead line to complete the books. Count me in.

Pabast

Lezlie said...

Excellent! I will post as soon as the resource blog is up and running. I just have to link a bunch of book suggestions up to it, so I'm hoping it won't be too long.

Lezlie

Shelley said...

What a great idea! I'll definitely be joining in!

Lezlie said...

Chain Reader ~ Yay! I think this will be fun! I'm very close to having the site ready. . .

Lezlie