NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring Reading Challenge




After my dismal literary performance for February, I think the Spring Reading Challenge is just the thing to get my reading back on track! All we do is make a list of what we intend to read in the months of March, April and May. No minimums or limits. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish as warmer weather draws near:

**FINISHED May 31, 2008** (See wrap-up post here.)

Achebe, Chinua -- Things Fall Apart
Achebe, Chinua -- Arrow Of God
Achebe, Chinua -- No Longer At Ease
Bass, Jefferson -- The Devil's Bones
Christie, Agatha -- Cards On The Table
Denby, David -- The Great Books
Dunant, Sarah -- In The Company of the Courtesan (Audio)
Eisner, Michael Alexander -- The Crusader
Goodkind, Terry -- Blood of the Fold (Audio)
Goodkind, Terry -- Temple of the Winds (Audio)
Goodkind, Terry -- Soul of the Fire (Audio)
Goodkind, Terry -- Faith of the Fallen (Audio)
Grahame, Kenneth -- The Wind In The Willows
Greene, Graham -- The Power and the Glory
Haggard, H. Rider -- Kind Solomon's Mines
Heller, Joseph -- Catch-22
Kalogridis, Jeanne -- The Borgia Bride
Kellerman, Jonathan -- Compulsion (Audio)
McCarthy, Cormac -- The Orchard Keeper
Obama, Barack -- The Audacity of Hope
Plaidy, Jean -- The Queen's Secret
Plaidy, Jean -- The Reluctant Queen
Plaidy, Jean -- The Lady In The Tower
Rice, Anne -- Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana (Audio)
Twain, Mark -- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Verne, Jules -- Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Wilde, Oscar -- The Picture of Dorian Gray

Three months, twenty-seven books, seven of them audio. That should put me back on track!

Happy Reading, Everyone!
Lezlie

3 comments:

joanna said...

Looks great Lezlie! Should your Catch-21 be 22 though? ;-)

I'm making my spring list today too!

I have a question - I'm about to try my very first audio book, what's your opinion on them in general? And where is the best place to get them, something like audible.com?

Lezlie said...

Joanna ~ Oops. Thanks! I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. Could be that the other night I looked at a book called, "Why not Catch-21?" I must have thought it was good idea. . . :-)

As for audio books: I love them! I don't have as much time to read as I would like and I have a horrible commute to/from work, so they keep me going. I get most of the ones I listen to from the library, but if I decide to buy them, I usually check the price on Amazon first. They're usually pretty good. I've also bought some off of E-Bay. A couple other online options are www.audioeditions.com or www.audiobookstand.com. There is also www.booksontape.com, but they can be pricey unless things are on sale.

Let me know how you like the audio versions once you have a chance to give it a try. One of my favorites was the audio verson of "The Boleyn Inheritance" by Philippa Gregory. The three readers were amazing!

Lezlie

joanna said...

Thanks Lezlie, I'll check those out!