NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, March 6, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins





1. Ahhhh, it's so nice that it's finally Friday.
2. One of my favorite things on my desk or bureau is my can of Diet Mountain Dew to keep me awake. That would be on my desk at work. I don't think there is anything on our desk at home except Peter's laptop, which is pretty cool, too. Especially when I need to write book reviews during basketball games. :-)
3. Japanese Cherry Blossom sounds like it would be a really good tea.
4. Out on the patio is my favorite place to sit and read. Being in Minnesota, I haven't been out there lately, so the couch in the livingroom comes in second.
5. Cheese and crackers is delicious! Should that be "is" or "are"? Hmmm. . . Single or plural? Could be either, I suppose. . .
6. I love to watch Johnny Depp in movies. Big sigh. . .
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out at home, reading and watching the Timberwolves game, tomorrow my plans include having breakfast with Peter's parents for his mom's birthday and going to the bookstore and Sunday, I want to look at the temperature and not see a minus sign in front of it!!!



And I've been thinking about the "favorite hero" question from yesterday. I've decided that Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame really needs to be on the list, too. If you haven't read that book, you really must. Once you get past all the flowery words about the views from the cathedral (and there are lots of them. . .) the story is truly marvelous!

Lezlie

Play along with Friday Fill-Ins here.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I agree.. TGIF! :)

Shelley said...

Isn't Johnny Depp great? I also love Quasimodo. I remember the Notre Dame section--a bit of torture, but the rest of the story is so beautiful.

Lezlie said...

Skittles ~ TGIF to you too! And thanks for referring Misty to me! (Isn't that a song? :-)

Chain Reader ~ Love Johnny! Especially as Capt. Jack. But his role in Don Juan Demarco comes in a close second. . . Peter and I decided that Johnny should play Quasimodo in a remake of the movie. He would be fabulous! :-)

Lezlie

Janet said...

I see we had the same answer to #6 :-) YUM! Especially as Captain Jack Sparrow...there's something about him...

Thanks for playing :-)