NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Friday, April 3, 2009

Team Maxwell Smart Heads Back To The Competition Ring



I thought it would be fun to go with the current historical fiction cover fad of "the headless woman" for this one. ;-)

Tomorrow is our first agility trial since fall. I'm super excited to get back to competition, and Max couldn't care less if it's competition or practice as long as he gets to play on the obstacle course. :-) Our last couple of practices went great, and Max's hips seem to be just fine. Hopefully it won't be too ridiculously cold and we'll be able to get a lot of warm up and cool down time outside. He's got 5 runs scheduled and it's a big trial, so it may be a long day. No matter. Me and my Max-o will be spending the day doing what he loves best!

Have a great day, everyone, and I'll update you on how he did when we get home!



12 comments:

http://chikune.com/blog said...

Good luck! I hope you both have fun. =)

Meghan said...

Hmm, that was me. Not sure what went wrong there!

Lezlie said...

Meghan ~ That *was* odd. :-) Thank you! Max is going to be beside himself with happy!

Lezlie

bermudaonion said...

Good luck! Let us know how things go.

Darlene said...

Go get im' Max! Good luck and have fun. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

JoAnn said...

Have fun and good luck! I'll be watching for an update.

Literary Feline said...

Good luck and have a great time!

Kara said...

I love seeing pictures of him "flying"!! This is my favorite dog event and always try to go and see them live.

Have a great time and good luck!!

Monica said...

That's an awesome photo! You can totally tell he's in his element!

Ladytink_534 said...

He looks like he's having SO much fun!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ah yes--the headless woman. :) Do you do any of the handling yourself? I haven't been to an agility trial, but the sheep trials are always fun.

Lezlie said...

Thanks for all the good luck vibes, everyone! I'm going to post his results in just a minute.

Trish ~ I do all the handling myself. I'm the "headless woman" in the pic. :-) The best part of agility is the bonding with your dog as you learn to navigate the courses together. I've never had such an amazing intellectual relationship with an animal before!

Lezlie