NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reading Notes



Hmmmm. . . I may have been a bit optimistic when I made my April plan. I know it's only the 2nd and there was a bit of unplanned excitement last week (Peter is doing much better now. Thanks, everyone!), but Tristram Shandy, while fun in a weird sort of way, is going to be a bugger to get through. It won't happen as quickly as I had hoped. And I just got C.J. Sansom's Revelation from the library! I've been waiting forever for this book, so my Learning Plan is on hold for just a moment while I indulge, and I don't feel guilty about it for one second. I love the Matthew Shardlake novels!

I'm also really looking forward to reading How to Read a Poem: And Fall in Love with Poetry in my nod to National Poetry Month. Then I'll get back to Tristram and his craziness. My Wolves season will be over by then, and I'll have all kinds of reading time!

Oh! Speaking of my Timberwolves, remember our little "Meet The Timberwolves" outing? They posted some of the photos from their photographer on the Wolves site, and Peter and I are the first pic of the bunch! Check it out here. That first one is us with Ryan Gomes. If you flip through to #50, there is a photo of us with Brian Cardinal and Mike Miller. Mike is the guy in glasses and standing right next to Peter like that, you can kind of see why we were mistaken for his parents! (True story.)

Happy Reading, Everyone!



6 comments:

BooksPlease said...

I don't remember ever following any reading plan I've made, so now I just read.

I love the Shardlake books too - and Sansom's other books.

The poetry book sounds good and I must try Tristram shandy one day - see it's usless for me to make a plan - I'm so easily diverted.

Love your hair!!!

Lezlie said...

Books Please ~ Thanks! Thankfully, I had good hair that day! :-)

I know what you mean about plans. I can't follow a *big* reading plan very well, but little mini ones usually go alright if I allow for distractions. If I know I can veer off the path every once in a while, it's easier to get back to it.

Lezlie

Serena said...

I can't wait to see what you think about the how to read a poem book.

Lezlie said...

Serena ~ I've had it sitting around since *last* April! :-) I think it's going to be a lot of fun to read.

Lezlie

Literary Feline said...

I've started every month this year feeling optimistic about my reading and then being a bit disappointed. I've read some great books, but I wish I had had more time to read, you know? This month, I'm trying not to get my hopes up and maybe I'll be surprised. :-)

I look forward to review of How to Read a Poem. That sounds like something I could use.

Lezlie said...

Literary Feline ~ I'll send good vibes for a productive reading month your way! I think we all too easily fall into the numbers game. I'm trying to break myself of that, but it's so ingrained in me that I'm not sure how successful I'll be. :-)

Lezlie