NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Friday, April 17, 2009

Good Luck, Read A Thon Participants!



I have a show tonight, so I won't be participating in tomorrow's Read-A-Thon. I don't recover as quickly as I used to when I was a young pup. Four hours on platform-booted feet singing corny but wildly fun pop songs wears out a forty-four year old body in a way that my twenty-something brain can't understand. :-) I'll be checking in, however, and cheering on all you folks who are busily ingesting coffee and Mountain Dew trying to make the full 24.

Go get some rest. You have a long, great day of reading tomorrow!!



12 comments:

Ana S. said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Lezlie!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Wow I didn't know you were a DIVA too! Too bad we aren't closer - I'd definitely come to your show. :)

Lezlie said...

Nymeth ~ You're most welcome!

Heather ~ An aging Diva, but I keep on going. Kind of like the Energizer Bunny, only my energy doesn't last quite as long. :-) It would be so fun to have you there!

Lezlie

Darlene said...

Thanks so much Lezlie! Good luck at your show tonight!

Eva said...

Love this post! And I'm in my twenties and think four hours in platform boots would be incredibly painful. Unless, of course, I had some liquid help, in which case the next morning would be a bit painful. ;)

Lezlie said...

Thanks, Dar! I'll sing one for you!

Eva ~ Well, I wasn't going to mention it, but my friend Jose Cuervo might have just a tiny bit to do with recovery time, too. It helps my throat stay relaxed *and* makes me tired. And is just plain good fun! :-) As for the platform boots, I thank my lucky stars for arch support socks, of which I wear two pairs in those boots! Sexy thought, isn't it? If those guys only knew. . . :-)

Lezlie

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

The show sounds like a blast!! I'm sure it beats reading, although we'll miss you. Thanks for the early cheer--this definitely gets us all pumped up (although honestly I've been so pumped up this week I can't sleep--gonna have to go to bed at 8 tonight or I"ll be in trouble!)

Lezlie said...

Trish ~ We always have a good time at the show, but I was a little disappointed when I realized it was the night before the RAT. Good luck tomorrow!

Lezlie

Kim L said...

Where's your show at? Somewhere in the Twin Cities?

Thanks for coming along to say hi even if you can't participate :-)

Lezlie said...

Hi, Kim! It was just north of Forest Lake, in Wyoming. Our next one in May is in Brooklyn Park.

Lezlie

Ladytink_534 said...

I didn't participate because I had so much to do during the day and I ended up staying up all night finishing a novel after all lol.

Lezlie said...

Ladytink ~ A true junkie! :-)

Lezlie