NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Reading Challenge



Rose City Reader is hosting her first Challenge! Here is the general description:


This challenge pits winners of the Pulitzer Prize for fiction against the winners of the National Book Award. Does one prize have higher standards than the other? Pick better winners? Provide more reading entertainment or educational value? Maybe challenge participants will be able to answer these and more questions – maybe they will simply read three great books!

DETAILS

Chose three books that you have not read before:

1) One that won both the Pulitzer and the National;
2) One that won the Pulitzer but not the National; and
3) One that won the National but not the Pulitzer.

OPTION: For those who have already read all six of the double-dippers, or otherwise do not want to read one of those six, pick two Pulitzer winners and two National winners for a total of four books.

Read all books between May Day and Labor Day. Overlap with other challenges is allowed -- and encouraged! The Pulitzer Project and The National Book Award Project are logical crossovers. The great thing is, for those working on both these lists, completing the challenge means reading three books, but crossing four items off the lists.


She's got lists for all the categories and a few more details on the official announcement post. Head on over and sign up! And I'll make it easy for you. Click here. :-)



6 comments:

joanna said...

Oh Lezlie, no no no!!! Just kidding :-) This sounds great!!

Lezlie said...

Joanna ~ I saw you just found another new one, too. You're going to be a busy girl!! :-)

Lezlie

Lisa said...

I really have no business joining another challenge, but this one sounds really good. I really have to find a way to quit work so I can have time to devote to more important endeavors -- like reading!

JoAnn said...

Oh dear, another challenge that sounds too good to resist! I'll have to give this one some thought...I've got quite a few already!

Lezlie said...

Lisa ~ If you find a way to do that, let us in on the secret! :-)

JoAnn ~ It does look good! She did a really nice job planning it. I'll be waiting to see what you choose. . . ;-)

Lezlie

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I think I'm going to have to join this one, but I don't really have interested in reading the double dippers (there are some that I've read already and didn't like). I look forward to seeing what you pick!