NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Monday, May 11, 2009

Book Awards 3 Reading Challenge




I'm in! This time it's five books from five different awards from July 1 to Dec. 1, 2009. I recently finished Books Awards II and I still have award winners lined up to read, so I'm ready! I'll fill them in as I go along, because I don't know exactly which ones I want to read. I only know there are a lot!

Completed: 5/5 as of September 29, 2009
**FINISHED**

1. The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 by Lawrence Wright (Pulitzer Prize)
2. Elizabeth Costello by J.M. Coetzee (Nobel Prize)
3. Finn by Jon Clinch (Athenaeum Literary Award)
4. The Hours by Michael Cunningham (PEN/Faulkner Award)
5. In The Country of Men by Hisham Matar (Commonwealth Writers' Prize)

Don't miss this mini-version of the Book Awards Challenge! It will make a good training run, because next year Michelle will be upping the ante. Fun! Sign up here!



8 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Hmmm...I may have to consider this one. I haven't joined any new challenges in quite a while!

Lezlie said...

Jo-Jo ~ You should! It's a fun one! And it gives you a chance to familiarize yourself with interesting awards you may not have known about before.

Lezlie

Teddy Rose said...

I'm not sure if I will sign up this time around. I still have 4 to go for the current one, so will not finish. Sigh!

Lezlie said...

Teddy Rose ~ It's easy to get overwhelmed with these challenges. They're all so fun!

Lezlie

Jane said...

It looks interesting. I'm going to check it out!

Lezlie said...

Jaimie ~ I found so much great reading doing this challenge the last time around. I hope you join!

Lezlie

3m said...

Glad to have you this round, Lezlie!

Lezlie said...

3M ~ Thanks! It was too much fun to pass up, and I still have a big list of books I didn't read last time! :-)

Lezlie