NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Friday, May 1, 2009

LLP: May 2009 Monthly Plan



I'm going to cut myself a little bit of slack. I planned on too much heavy reading in April and ended up distracted, so I'm going to pick just a couple of things to finish off in May and leave more time for reading challenge and impulse reads.



(Struck out entries are finished as of May 31, 2009. If I've posted about the reading, the link is provided.)

Books To Read:

Managing Your Own Learning by James R. and Adelaide B. Davis
Book V of The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spencer
Book VI of The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spencer
Book VII of The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spencer
(My Thoughts on The Faerie Queene)

Text Chapters To Read:

The Cambridge Introduction to Narrative
Chapter 8 (My Thoughts)
Chapter 9 (My Thoughts)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Writing About Literature: Step by Step
Chapter 3

I excused myself from the two textbooks for this month so I could focus on The Faerie Queene. -- May 26, 2009

Finish At Least Three Reading Challenges

Books Awards II Challenge (Completed April 30, 2009)
War Through The Generations Challenge (Completed May 6, 2009)
The Faerie Queene Challenge (Completed May 18, 2009)

Write At Least Two Posts Regarding Learning About Poetry

Does posting about The Faerie Queene count? Sure it does! -- May 26, 2009


This plan will finish off The Faerie Queene and Introduction to Narrative, and I'll be able to focus more on Tristram Shandy and further books in the Teaching Company course in June.



Back to 2009 Second Quarter Goals
Back to 2009 General Concepts
Back to Lifetime Learning Project Personal Mission Statement

8 comments:

JoAnn said...

I admire you organization and will look forward to the poetry posts. Maybe I can learn something, too!

Lezlie said...

JoAnn ~ I will try to make them informative! :-) If you have any questions or suggestions for me on that topic, please, please let me know. I'd love to hear the kinds of things people are interested in discovering!

Lezlie

Rebecca Reid said...

I try to stay organized with my projects, but sometimes I end up getting bored with that and deviate. I hope this works for you! That's why I've stopped writing out my "reading plans."

Lezlie said...

Rebecca ~ That's exactly why I've left myself a ton of wiggle room this month. What's listed here should end up being only a portion of what I end up with by the time May is over. In theory anyway. :-) You had a great month, too!

Lezlie

Jo-Jo said...

Sounds like a great plan Lezlie...I think it's important to leave time for those impulse reads. Gotta go wild once and a while! lol

Lezlie said...

Jo-Jo ~ The need for impulse reading may be my true reason for not going back to formal schooling for a lit degree. :-)

Lezlie

Rebecca Reid said...

ah, right, the impulse reads. Some how I missed that part of the plan when I read this first. I'm finding that I always need to allow room for impulse, although my impulse reads still tend to be on my long-term plan. I just don't want to put everything in order!

Lezlie said...

Rebecca ~ I hear you there. I tried planning my whole year last year and that plan lasted about three weeks. :-)

Lezlie