NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Que Up The Theme From Rocky!



I have officially completed The Faerie Queene Challenge!! When I posted yesterday, my plan had been to take a couple of days to finish it off. Turns out I was more impatient to move on than I had anticipated. Peter left me to my task on the patio and kindly planted flowers while I ground out the last 100 or so pages. (Thanks, honey!!)

So that's it! Five and half months, seven books, seventy-five cantos, hundreds and hundreds of verses, one thousand pages. Victory!! I'll be posting my thoughts and a few novice tips for reading it tomorrow, but today I'm basking in the glory of achievement. And bragging. Just a little bit. :-)



Hosted at GetGreatCodes.com



17 comments:

Passages to the Past said...

I can't wait to hear your thoughts...I love Elizabeth I, so it's right up my alley!

JoAnn said...

You go girl!! What an amazing accomplishment!

Meghan said...

Yay! Congrats, Lezlie, that is an awesome feat! :D

Eva said...

Whoot! Go Lezlie! Some bragging is definitely in order. :)

joanna said...

Wow, Lezlie, impressive! Congrats! You should feel very proud!

Jo-Jo said...

Brag away Lezlie, you deserve it! Congrats to you!

Darlene said...

Way to go Lezlie!

Lisa said...

Wow! That's impressive.

Andi said...

Congratulations!!! That's a great accomplishment indeed. Can't wait to read what you thought of it.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

YAY!! You are rockin! I know you've been working on this a while and it must feel like such a great sense of accomplishment. What's next?? Paradise Lost? ;)

Lezlie said...

Thanks, everybody! I feel like I've graduated to a whole new level of reading. But not right now. Right now I'm moving on to Dave Barry so I can laugh hysterically for a few hours. I also have a new book about classics I'm thumbing through. I'll tell you all about it in a couple days. It looks like fun!

Lezlie

J.C. Montgomery said...

Woooooo Hoooooooo !!

Dave Barry couldn't be a better follow-up. Enjoy!

Marg said...

Well done!

Teddy Rose said...

Way to go Lezlie! Congrats!

I love Snoopy!

Terri B. said...

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations!

Ladytink_534 said...

You deserve your bragging rights I promise!!!!

Lezlie said...

Thanks, Everybody! I'm still smiling over this one! :-)

Lezlie