NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, May 14, 2009

Inspirational!


Working on a blog which I am slowly but surely dedicating to my personal education and growth as a responsible and compassionate American and world citizen, I can't help but be inspired by Barack Obama's address to the graduating class of Arizona State University. Love him or hate him, you can't help but think about what he has to say: "[O]ne's title -- even a title like president -- says very little about how well one's life has been led. That no matter how much you've done, or how successful you've been, there's always more to do, more to learn, more to achieve."


Politics aside, he makes me want to be a better person. How can that possibly be a bad thing? Now please excuse me. I have some studying to do!



8 comments:

Heather said...

He's a very intelligent and insightful man I believe.

Lezlie said...

Heather ~ Me, too. When all the "controversy" about whether or not he should receive an honorary degree from the college was going on, I told Peter, "The funny thing is Obama probably couldn't care less."

Lezlie

Teddy Rose said...

I so agree with Obama and you on this! What a thoughtful post.

Lezlie said...

Teddy Rose ~ I try to stay away from politics here, but since this was education related, I just had to include it. It made me feel so good I was hoping I could pass the good vibes on! :-)

Lezlie

The Bookworm said...

I like his speeches and how he does focus on the importance of an education.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Lezlie said...

Naida ~ I agree. I also like that he often stresses personal responsibility. That's a big one for me.

Lezlie

Bybee said...

This comment was insightful.

Would it be too terrible to say that he looks hot even in that middle ages garb?

Lezlie said...

Bybee ~ Not terrible at all! I thought the same thing. :-) Did you see his address to Notre Dame yesterday? Awesome, as usual!!

Lezlie