NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)
Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Books Awards II Challenge
This challenge looked fabulous last year, but I was late to the blogging world, so I didn't sign up. Now's my chance! Michelle at 1 More Chapter is hosting Book Awards II! I have no clue what I'm going to read yet, but I have plenty of time to think about it, since it doesn't officially start until August. I'll be posting my choices and links to the reviews here, so stay tuned! Until then, here are the rules:
1. Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
2. You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.
3. Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
4. You don't have to post your choices right away, and your list can change at any time.
5. 'Award winners' is loosely defined; make the challenge fit your needs, keeping in mind Rule #2.
6. Have fun reading!
Now to think about what to read. . . (This is my favorite part!!) :-)
Completed: 10/10 as of May 5, 2009
1. Roots by Alex Haley (Pulitzer Prize)
2. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (Booker Prize)
3. Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones (Commonwealth Writers' Prize)
4. Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien (National Book Award)
5. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines (National Book Critics Circle Award)
6. The Woman In The Dunes by Kobo Abe (Yomiuri Prize)
7. The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron (Pulitzer Prize)
8. Day by Elie Wiesel (Nobel Prize)
9. The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene (James Tait Black Memorial Prize)
10. Waiting for the Barbarians by J.M. Coetzee (James Tait Black Memorial Prize)
If you'd like to join in, click here to go to the Official Site.