NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ahhhhh! A Beautiful Weekend!


It's Sunday night, and I have to tell you: I've gotten almost no reading done at all this weekend, but it's been sooooooo beautiful out! This weekend has been full with an early Mother's Day breakfast with Peter's parents, two great walks of four and five miles through woody trails with the dogs and some great homemade vegetarian/clean eating meals. We made a mango and jalapeno pepper stir fry served over quinoa last night that was to die for! All but no time with books, but it's been such a treat to be able to get outside!!

Now that the sun is going down and the cooler breezes are kicking in, I'm ready to curl up and hopefully finish off The Crusader. I'm also still picking through my Aunt Beth's new short story collection The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted. Peter bought the "man" version of Younger Next Year: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy—Until You're 80 and Beyond, and we're reading a chapter each night before we go to bed and talking about the changes we want to make in our lifestyle to hopefully keep healthy for many, many years to come. It's fun to be able to do it together! I'm lucky to have married a guy who is pretty much game for just about any new fancy that strikes me. Dog agility, vegetarianism, singing in a band again, watching stupid B comedies. Some stick, some don't, but he'll usually at least give it a try. Though he has adamantly drawn the line at training for an ultramarathon. He did volunteer to be on my support team though. :-)

Off to the comfy chair!
Lezlie

PS I shopped the Electrique Boutique clearance section, used my coupon and bought five (FIVE!!!) new pairs of platform boots for the Diva show!! Knee-high ones in red, white, and hot pink, and shorter ones in white and black with red flames. I can't wait for the shipment!!

4 comments:

joanna said...

My partner is like that too, up for all the things I come up with. And I'm a project kinda gal, so there are always things to do! You're right, it is lucky!

So... you're training for a marathon??

Lezlie said...

No. Not really. I did once, back in 2000, then 10 days before the race a guy rear-ended my car at 45 mph. Totalled my car and messed me up just enough to take me out of the marathon. After I spent all summer training!! :-( I think about trying it again sometime, but it's a pretty time-consuming endeavor. And an ultramarathon (50+ miles) is just a wild fantasy. I really don't think I have it in me for that, but it's fun to read about and dream of being a real athlete. I read about training for Ironman triathlons, too, and I hate to swim! :-)

Lezlie

Clare - The Super Mommy Club said...

Another multi-book reader - I don't know how y'all do it - I can only concentrate on one a t a time! Great to hear that you read with your hubby too - we only really do that with holiday guide books *lol*

Lezlie said...

My multi-books happen mostly because of audiobooks and books that can be broken up without getting confused, usually short stories or something like "Younger Next Year". Peter and I don't usually read the same book, but he does read a lot, too, which is great for me! :-)

Lezlie