NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thanks, Serena!



The fabulously fabulous Serena from Savvy Verse & Wit bestowed upon me this cool blog award. Thanks, Serena! With this gift, I am required to come up with five things I am obsessed with. I think I can do that. Let me see. . .

1) We'll start with the obvious: Books. Enough said. :-)

2) My boys. That includes hubby Peter, our kitty Jack, and the Border Boys, Skye and Max. As long as I have my boys and my books around, may the rest of the world do what it will. I'll manage just fine!

2) The Timberwolves. I love my Minnesota Timberwolves!

4) Learning. You can include The Teaching Company and the idea of achieving an astonishing autodidactic education here.

5) I am obsessed with the idea of writing a book about books someday. I'm in the process of trying to come up with a cool angle that isn't already done to death. Any suggestions from all of you?? I'd love to hear what would interest other book junkies.

This award has been around for awhile, so I'm throwing it out there for all of you so I can get to know everyone! Take that Fabulous button, list five things you're obsessed with on your blog, and leave me a link here in the comments so I can learn about you, too!



9 comments:

Serena said...

Lezlie: Great obsessions list! Love it.

book about books idea...hmmm...perhaps a woman who sees the same book wherever she goes. like its following her...though I have not idea what the purpose would be.

Lezlie said...

Serena ~ Interesting idea! I was thinking of non-fiction, so I'd love to see what a fiction writer could do with that. Imagine if Stephen King ran with it. . . :-)

Lezlie

joanna said...

I don't have any ideas for you I'm afraid, but I guarantee that I'll buy your book, whatever it's about! :-)

Jo-Jo said...

Congrats on your award Lezlie!

Lezlie said...

Bermudaonion & Jo-Jo ~ Thank you!

Joanna ~ Aw! Thanks, Joanna! Since you might be the only one, I'll make sure I run the idea I come up with past you first. :-)

Lezlie

Lisa said...

Love your list. Mine would be pretty similar -- books, my boys (hubby and two grown sons), lifelong learing (I have recently downloaded three classes from The Teaching Co.), knitting, and warm weather!!!! There is nothing I like better than sitting on my front porch with a book when the temp is around 80 deg. and the wind is gently blowing.

Lezlie said...

Lisa ~ I like the way you're thinking!!

Lezlie

Teddy Rose said...

Congrats Lezlie!

Lezlie said...

Thanks, Teddy Rose!

Lezlie