NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, March 17, 2009

LLP: March/April 2009 Monthly Plan



OK. Down to the nitty gritty. Here is what I plan to accomplish by April 30, 2009:

(Struck out entries are finished as of April 28, 2009. If I've posted about the reading, the link is provided.)

Books To Read:

Day by Elie Wiesel (My Thoughts)
Survival In Auschwitz by Primo Levi (My Thoughts)
The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman by Laurence Stone
Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
Pere Goriot by Honore de Balzac
Blindness by Jose Saragamo
The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene (My Thoughts)
Managing Your Own Learning by James R. and Adelaide B. Davis
How to Read a Poem: And Fall in Love with Poetry by Edward Hirsch (My Thoughts)
Book III of The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spencer
Book IV of The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spencer

Listen to Teaching Company Lectures on:

Tristam Shandy
Dangerous Liaisons
Pere Goriot
Wuthering Heights
Moby Dick

Text Chapters To Read:

The Cambridge Introduction to Narrative
Chapter 3 (My Thoughts)
Chapter 4 (My Thoughts)
Chapter 5 (My Thoughts)
Chapter 6 (My Thoughts)
Chapter 7 (My Thoughts)

Writing About Literature: Step by Step
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Finish What's In A Name Challenge


Good thing the NBA season is just about over for me, isn't it?
:-)



Back to 2009 Second Quarter Goals
Back to 2009 General Concepts
Back to Lifetime Learning Project Personal Mission Statement

13 comments:

Passages to the Past said...

I'm afraid my reading will suffer a little when baseball season starts!

I love that picture of Skye and Max reading...too cute!

Lezlie said...

Amy ~ We all have our fun little time-stealers, don't we? :-) And baseball may be worse than basketball, because there are even more games! I thought 82 was a lot. . . :-) You should have seen us trying to get that photo of the boys. Sitting still is not real high on their agenda of things to do. I'm glad you like it!

Lezlie

Lisa said...

This is an ambitious list. I'm always so impressed with people who can get that much reading done! I'm afraid it's just not possible for me at least right now. There's always retirement to look forward to. :) Good luck on your plans.

Lezlie said...

Lisa ~ I'll be impressed with myself if I can actually get it done! :-) I may be starting too fast out of the gate to keep it up, but I'm giving it a go. I'll have to scale it back a little for May if I end up burying myself. Thanks for the encouragement!

Ah, retirement! Not to wish my life away, but, yup, I know what you mean!

Lezlie

The Bookworm said...

good luck with your goals, you can do it!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Lezlie said...

Naida ~ Thank you!

Lezlie

Ladytink_534 said...

Looking forward to hearing what you think about some of these! That's a lot of stuff to get done by the end of next month though!

Justin Hamm said...

You should post some reviews of the Teaching Company lectures. I do a few courses each summer, particularly history surveys, and I've loved what I've done so far. The courses have really given me some great background for exploring literature, which is why I'm interested in them.

Lezlie said...

Ladytink ~ I think I can pull it off. I am eternally optimistic! :-)

J.D. ~ Good to see you here! I did post my thoughts on the first two lectures from this series, and I plan to continue as I work my way through it. I've listened to a number of their history courses in the past and loved them all! Which ones have you listened to? I highly recommend the one on Ancient Egypt just for fun. :-)

Lezlie

Teddy Rose said...

Very ambitious schedule Lezlie, espcially for someone who works and is a mother of wonderful fur children!

I read both Wuthering Heights and
Moby Dick. Truth time, I didn't care for either. You can probably guess one of this vegans objections to Moby Dick. LOL!

Lezlie said...

Teddy Rose ~ I liked Moby Dick, but the hunting/killing scenes were hard to read. Even the whaling, etc., that goes on now, it's one of those things that goes on that I can't think about or I'll cry.

Lezlie

joanna said...

Lezlie, you are so inspirational! I love the idea of making quarterly and monthly goals, even by chapter. You're doing so well on this learning journey, I'm very impressed. And now off to think about my learning, which has no structure and therefore doesn't get done.

Lezlie said...

Joanna ~ Thank you! I'd love to see what you come up with if you make a plan.

Lezlie