NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Saturday, March 14, 2009

Awesome Vegetarian Recipe


A little off topic, but I know there are lots of us out there who look for really great vegetarian recipes. This is one of them!


Peter's mom loves for us to sit and watch cooking shows with her when we visit. Last weekend we watched "Ask Aida", and she made this amazing looking vegetarian pot pie. For the first time in my life, I went to the Food Network website, downloaded a recipe and actually used it. :-) I cooked this pot pie this afternoon, and I could not have been happier with the results. Peter and I ate almost the entire 8x8 pan full! (Yeah. I'm sure that was a healthy choice. LOL!) Here is the link to the recipe:

Aida's Vegetarian Pot Pie

Now, where is that Culver's Butter Brickle Ice Cream I brought home yesterday. . . :-)

Have a great day, everyone! Book talk coming tomorrow, I promise!



11 comments:

Tasha said...

Yummy. I followed your link to the recipe and it looks delicious.

JoAnn said...

That looks delicious!!

Pabast said...

This sounds and looks yummy. To bad I am not a cook.

Also I just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award. It is the Proximidade Award. Come on over at see what it is all about
http://readingmama.blogspot.com/2009/03/proximidade-award.html

By the way I love, your dogs and cat reading. My cat does not like to read, but she likes the computer.

Lezlie said...

Charley & JoAnn ~ On my honor, it's even better than it looks!

Pabast ~ Thank you so much!!

Lezlie

NoBS said...

Oh man! I miss pot pies! Every now and then I'll splurge on an Amy's Pot Pie from the grocery (when I can find them. Very tasty). I wish I could cook! This one looks great!

BTW: I always have to comment on kitties with great toupees. Jack there has one of the best!

Lezlie said...

NoBS ~ Me, too! That's why I jumped all over this recipe. I've heard the Amy's ones are really good, but I never tried them. The sauce in frozen pot pies always looks weird to me. :-) I go through phases with cooking. This one isn't hard to make. It's just all the veggie chopping that takes time.

Jack does have a little toupee, doesn't he? LOL! I never thought about it before!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lezlie

Lezlie said...

Wajid ~ Thank you so much! I have added that site to my Reader. I'm always on the lookout for more vegetarian/vegan recipes.

Thanks for visiting!
Lezlie

bermudaonion said...

Oooh, thanks for the link - I'm always looking for new recipes. This one looks delicious.

Lezlie said...

Bermudaonion ~ This one will not disappoint! :-)

Lezlie

Teddy Rose said...

Mmm that does look and sound good. It can be turned vegan easily too.

Lezlie said...

Teddy Rose ~ I was wondering about that. Could I just use soy milk? Is that the only change I would have to make? I didn't want to experiment the first time around, so I just went with what the recipe said.

Lezlie