NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Sunday, June 1, 2008

Spring Reading Challenge Wrap-Up


Maybe I didn't stick to the plan, but my spring reading went pretty darn well, if I don't say so myself! According to my original post, I was to read 27 books, 7 of them being audiobooks. Well, the wrap-up list looks different, but the totals are even better: 32 books, 13 of them being audio books.

March:

1. Swann's Way by Marcel Proust
2. The Orchard Keeper by Cormac McCarthy
3. In The Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant (Audio)
4. Blood of the Fold by Terry Goodkind (Audio)
5. The Queen's Secret by Jean Plaidy
6. The Wind In The Willows by Kenneth Grahame
7. Christ The Lord: The Road To Cana by Anne Rice (Audio)
8. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
9. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe


April:

10. Temple of the Winds by Terry Goodkind (Audio)
11. Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe
12. No Longer At Ease by Chinua Achebe
13. Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind (Audio)
14. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (Audio)
15. Nada by Carmen Laforet
16. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain (Audio)
17. The Devil's Bones by Jefferson Bass


May

18. Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind (Audio)
19. Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne (Audio)
20. The Crusader by Michael Alexander Eisner
21. King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard (Audio)
22. Travels In The Scriptorium by Paul Auster
23. The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg
24. Allah Is Not Obliged by Ahmadou Kourouma
25. After Dark by Haruki Murakami
26. Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir (Audio)
27. The Last Wife of Henry VIII by Carolly Erickson
28. The Romanov Bride by Robert Alexander
29. The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra
30. John Adams by David McCullough (Audio)
31. Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman (Audio)
32. The Attack by Yasmina Khadra


The books that don't have reviews linked to them are all part of Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series which I plan on talking about once I've finished them all.

Whew. I wonder if I can repeat that for the summer. Different books, of course. :-)
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Lezlie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had an especially awesome month in May!

Anonymous said...

Whether to plan or not you are simply an amazing prolific reader - good job!!

Compared to you, I look like I'm constantly in a coma! LOL

joanna said...

Wow, that's really impressive! Especially May!!!

zetor said...

What a fantastic list Lezlie, very impressive. There are one or two I think I'll read.

Lezlie said...

Thanks, everyone! I have this wild fantasy of reading 200 books in a year someday. We'll see how long I'm lucky enough to keep this up! :-)

Lezlie

Kara said...

Impressive reading!!! You have a great month in May. May was my slow month due to school. But I hope to have a great summer.

Lezlie said...

Kara ~ Thanks! School would slow things down, that's for sure. I think that's why I don't go back. :-)

Lezlie