NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Saturday, June 7, 2008

More Historicals Coming Soon!




My Lady of Cleves by Margaret Campbell Barnes




The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory




The Tsarina's Daughter
by Carolly Erickson



How fabulous does all of that look?? And that's just the beginning of the ARC's I either have in my hot little paws or have been promised as soon as they are available! Wait until all of you historical fans out there see what fun we're going to have this summer!! And let it not be said I didn't warn you: You may want to make a little room on those TBR lists. There are some amazing books waiting in the wings. Meanwhile, I have my little stack of library books to finish up.

Line up those glasses of lemonade right next to that patio chair. I'm going to be very, very busy. . . :-)

Lezlie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky thing, you! I'd be joining you on the patio if I could to help you out.

Blogger doesn't seem to like my blogspot identity! I think you know I'm here www.booksplease.org.

zetor said...

Fantastic Books. I know 'The Other Queen' is published in U.K. in August, can't wait!

Marg said...

The Other Queen has been out here for a month or so! I don't know about the Carolly Erickson. I have read one of her books and was underwhelmed by it! I might read it...I might not!

Teddy Rose said...

Wow! I really need to hurry up and get through some of my ARC's so I can request some or all of theses. LOL!

I am in the process of creating a new challenge on my blog, to help us get through our ARC's. I'll be posting it soon, if your interested.

Anonymous said...

What does ARC stand for?

I cannot wait for ALL of those books!!

Teddy Rose said...

ARC= Advance Reader Copy, also known as Gally.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...THE OTHER QUEEN looks good!

Andi said...

I used to be really into historicals but somehow I got out of them along the way. I'm looking forward to some fantabulous new recs!

Lezlie said...

Books Please ~ You're welcome to join me any time! I'll save you a spot. :-)

Zetor ~ I think we have to wait until September. It should be a good one!

Marg ~ You'll have to let us know if you read it (The Other Queen)! I've read a couple of Erickson's books. I like them for quick, easy historical fixes, but I prefer authors such as Philippa Gregory, Alison Weir or Margaret George for a meatier story.

Teddy Rose ~ Thanks for answering Monica's question! Also, your challenge looks great! I don't have too many here yet, but that could change quickly.

Monica ~ I'm having a hard time keeping my hands off these long enough to get through my library books! The ones listed here I think come out in July (My Lady of Cleves), September (The Other Queen), and October (The Tsarina's Daughter).

J. Kaye ~ Mary, Queen of Scots, always makes for interesting reading, don't you think? :-)

Andi ~ I go back and forth, but I always seem to come back to historicals eventually. I just love them!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! How do you get all these wonderful ARC's? I can't wait to hear what u think of them. Have put them on my PBS wishlist.

Lezlie said...

pjhess ~ Hi! I contacted the publishers, told them about my blog, and asked if I could get copies of these books to review for the site. It worked!! :-) I'll definitely be reporting in on them as soon as I get them read. I have a bunch more on request look really great, too!

Lezlie