NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Border Collies!


Two more days until our 3-day agility extravaganza! Peter is finally going to be able to run Skye again, and Max and I will have two shots at that elusive Snooker Q. It's our first outdoor trial of the year, so everyone cross their fingers for no rain. At least not from 7 am to 4 pm or so. :-) Until then, here are a couple more shots of the boys doing their thing!



Skye flying over the double jump (courtsey of Jessie's Photography).




Max on the teeter (courtesy of Crystal Image Pet Photography).



Is it Friday yet??
Lezlie

12 comments:

Sharon said...

What beautiful pictures! Best of luck to all of you at the event.

Anonymous said...

Yes, amaaaazing shots. I am crossing my fingers, turning circles three times and sp...wha? Oh yea thats to dispel a curse. Hmm...well, you know what I mean! GOOD LUCK!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh how fun! My mother-in-law has a number of border collies and takes a few of them to sheep trials around the country (Wales in September!). Your dogs (and Jack on the side bar) are beautiful!

Lezlie said...

Ex Libris ~ Thank you!

Biblio Brat ~ Go ahead and do the "dispel the curse" thing! Maybe that's been my Snooker problem all along - a curse! :-)

Trish ~ Max, Skye and Jack thank you! Herding is so cool! We took the boys for a herding instinct test a couple summers ago. Skye, who comes from a herding line, has a natural ability and showed great potential. Max, who comes from agility lines, just thought it was fun to chase the sheep. :-) To herd in Wales would be amazingly cool!

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about the photos. Love when you post those! I look forward to reading more about this weekend. :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I tried to get her to take me with her, but no such luck. :) She's actually having some trouble with her sheep right now because of the heat and lack of rain--they have virtually no grass on their ranch right now (Central/West Texas).

Skye is such a fantastic name!

Teddy Rose said...

I'm cheering for Skye and Max on Friday. I hope they can hear me!

BooksPlease said...

Good luck for Friday!

Lezlie said...

J. Kaye ~ Hopefully we can get some new ones this weekend. I'm glad you all like them! Sometimes we need a break from all that reading and pics of book covers.

Trish ~ Could you hide in her suitcase? :-) The weather everywhere seems to be uncooperative. I hope the sheep are all OK in the end. Skye was a rescue dog, and came complete with that great name, though he is sometimes mistaken for a girl with his pretty name and flowing fur. Max is short for Maxwell Smart. I figured a BC should have "smart" in his name somewhere! ;-)

Teddy and Margaret ~ Thank you! I'll tell the boys their fans are with them! :-)

Lezlie

zetor said...

Good luck, hope all goes well. Your dogs are gorgeous.

Kara said...

Good Luck this weekend - I hope for great runs. Can't wait for you to post the results!!!

Lezlie said...

Zetor & Kara ~ Thank you! I'm about to post Friday results right now. . . :-)

Lezlie