NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, May 8, 2008

Trial Weekend Coming Right Up!


Hi, Everyone!

Another agility trial weekend is coming up. We only get to do one day this time since Sunday is Mother's Day. My mom wouldn't be at all happy if we skipped out simply to try for that Snooker Q. (Though, considering how close I was the last time I tried, don't think I wasn't tempted!) I'll have two shots at it in June, and I'm thinking positive! We've got one last lesson tomorrow afternoon before the big day. Hopefully it will finally be nice enough on a Friday to have the lesson outside. Then on Saturday we'll be up at 4:30 am and off to the trial site for the day. The dogs will have five runs each, and I'll still be running Skye, much to his dismay. (Just hang in there with me a little while longer, Skye-Man! Daddy's knee is almost ready to go!)

Here is a couple of photos of the boys doing their thing:

Skye flying through a tire jump much to the delight of Peter, since at the trial previous to the one at which this photo was taken, Skye ran under the tire every time. Silly boy!

Max weaving like a point guard, courtesy of Jessie's Photography, as it states across Max's face, because it's a demo from their website. We ultimately purchased the photo, but I haven't scanned it in yet, so we'll give them some publicity. :-)

I have two more reviews coming up once I get my act together, so we'll talk again soon. Until then, as we say in agility circles: Run fast, run clean, have fun!

Lezlie

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting and I hope you all have fun. (I know you will though.)

I'll be waiting to read more about the event. :)

zetor said...

Good luck hope it all goes well.Looking forward to hearing more.

Lezlie said...

J. Kaye and Zetor ~ Thanks! I'll definitely post the results. Both Skye and Max could earn a title that day. Cross your fingers!

L.

Andi said...

Awwww! Such sweeties, and so talented! And to think, I'm really thrilled when Daisy will "sit" or "wait" successfully or let me clip her nails. ;)

Lezlie said...

Andi ~ Don't feel bad. Despite perfect starts in class, and to my eternal frustration, "Sit" and "Wait" go right out the window when Max is at the start line in competition, and I have some really funny video to prove it. I'll have to share that sometime! He has a bad habit of starting the course without me. :-) And clipping nails? Oh, man. It's a battle every time. If Daisy lets you clip her nails, kiss her for me, too!!

L.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! I would love to try Oscar through the course! Actually, he may need to go through basic obedience AGAIN cuz he's starting to get a mind of his own. AGAIN. But maybe agility trng would be more fun.

Good luck!

J.C. Montgomery said...

Watching them work the weave poles as always been my favorite!!

Have fun and good luck!

Eva said...

Good luck! Those photos are great. :)

BooksPlease said...

Good luck - this makes me want to have a dog again!

Lezlie said...

Care, J.C., Eva, and Margaret ~ Thanks to all!! I can't wait to get there tomorrow! :-)

Have a great weekend, Everyone!
Lezlie

My Journey Through Reading... said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how they did. Erin

Teddy Rose said...

Both your boys look in top form in the photos. I look forward to hearing how they did today. Go Skye and Max!

Lezlie said...

Erin & Teddy Rose ~ Thanks so much! The boys did great! I'm going to post the results now. . .

Lezlie