NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Books Awards II Challenge




This challenge looked fabulous last year, but I was late to the blogging world, so I didn't sign up. Now's my chance! Michelle at 1 More Chapter is hosting Book Awards II! I have no clue what I'm going to read yet, but I have plenty of time to think about it, since it doesn't officially start until August. I'll be posting my choices and links to the reviews here, so stay tuned! Until then, here are the rules:

1. Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.

2. You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.

3. Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.

4. You don't have to post your choices right away, and your list can change at any time.

5. 'Award winners' is loosely defined; make the challenge fit your needs, keeping in mind Rule #2.

6. Have fun reading!

Now to think about what to read. . . (This is my favorite part!!) :-)

Completed: 10/10 as of May 5, 2009
**COMPLETED**

1. Roots by Alex Haley (Pulitzer Prize)
2. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (Booker Prize)
3. Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones (Commonwealth Writers' Prize)
4. Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien (National Book Award)
5. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines (National Book Critics Circle Award)
6. The Woman In The Dunes by Kobo Abe (Yomiuri Prize)
7. The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron (Pulitzer Prize)
8. Day by Elie Wiesel (Nobel Prize)
9. The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene (James Tait Black Memorial Prize)
10. Waiting for the Barbarians by J.M. Coetzee (James Tait Black Memorial Prize)



If you'd like to join in, click here to go to the Official Site.

8 comments:

Kara said...

This challenge looked interesting to me too!! I think I have some award books on some other challenges that could wait until this one starts...hmmmm...think I will check this out.

Lezlie said...

Kara ~ I was thrilled to see this second round of it. Let me know if you decide to participate. I'd love to see your list!

L.

joanna said...

I'm going to join this one as well! ;-) Hard to resist... Looking forward to seeing what your choices are!

Lezlie said...

Joanna ~ I'll be waiting to see your choices, also! Mine might be awhile in coming. I want to give this a lot of thought.

L.

Teddy Rose said...

I just joined the challenge also. I look forward to seeing what books you pick. I haven't picked mine yet either.

Lezlie said...

Teddy Rose ~ I've learned my lesson about making my lists too soon. I'm forever changing them. I'm looking forward to seeing your choices also. So much to pick from!

L.

3m said...

Congrats!!

Lezlie said...

3M ~ Thanks! I'm all excited to get started on the next round now! :-)

Lezlie