NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Saturday, October 18, 2008

RAT: Hour 1




Where are you reading from today?

Livingroom and bedroom, where Peter just put up the coolest reading light. What a good guy!

3 facts about me …

I'm 43, I've had the same job for 20 years this Christmas, I'm afraid of heights.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

Literally hundreds. My TBR "pile" is, like many, totally out of control.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

Since this is my first Read-A-Thon, I'm not setting he bar very high. I want to see how it goes. I'd like to read at least three Short Stories somewhere along the line, finish two books, and maybe dabble in a few that I've been curious about but don't necessarily want to finish today.


I finished up Sedaris' Naked. He's such a fun writer! Peter is going out canvassing for Obama today, so I'm taking a break to cook him some breakfast before he goes. Gotta keep his strength up to fight the good fight!

Hope all has started well for everyone!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the heights thing. I really wish I could tackle it, too.

joanna said...

Hi Lezlie! Good to hear people are still fighting the good fight. :-)
I've never read anything by Sedaris, hopefully soon, I'm sure I have something of his lying around!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Have fun Lezlie!! I certainly hope you have a great time today.

Lezlie said...

Bermudaonion ~ I laughed when I wrote that, considering the height of the boots I wear when I'm singing. :-) Seriously though. I can't even look over the escalator at the mall to the lower floors. I'm sure you understand! :-)

Joanna ~ You have to read Sedaris. He is too much fun!

Trish ~ Thanks! I'm already having fun, and I've hardly started! :-)

Ana S. said...

Have fun, Lezlie! I can't wait to hear more about Naked.

Darlene said...

lol, I'm 42, worked for the same company for 22 yrs and am scared of heights. Keep plugging away Lezlie.

Lezlie said...

Nymeth ~ I'm going to try to get the review posted tomorrow.

Dar ~ We might be sisters! :-)

Bybee said...

I'm an Obama person, too. This election, my first as an expat, means so much to me. It was kind of a hassle to vote since I had to get my ballot envelope notarized by the American Embassy, but they gave me lots of positive strokes for voting and offered to mail it via federal mail thus saving me postage and having to deal with the usual language barrier problems with the Korean post office.

Lezlie said...

Bybee ~ A friend of Obama is a friend of ours! :-) I'm so glad you voted despite the hassle. This is the first election I have felt such a personal stake in. We'll all be together in spirit on Nov. 4!

Lezlie