NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wolves Win! Wolves Win!

Yaaahoooooo!! !! A BIG win over the Phoenix Suns!! That's two in a row for my beloved Minnesota Timberwolves!! It's been a rough year, so we're basking in any and all success!! :-) Next up: KG and the Boston Celtics on Friday. Go Wolves!!

OK. Off my basketball soapbox and back to books.

For a while there I wondered why people said things like, "I can't believe I'm joining yet another challenge." I get it now. I'm about to take the plunge into the Triple 8. Yikes. But I've reached the conclusion that these challenges are the only way I will deviate meaningfully from the 1001 Books Project and make room on some of these shelves. I wrote up my Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of all my Challenges (Go ahead. Laugh. I did.), and I'm pretty sure I'm biting off quite a bit more than I can chew. I'm going for it though. Why not? Life is short. Make ridiculously enormous plans! :-) I've never planned my reading for an entire year before, so we'll see how this goes. I've left open spots for 8 impulsive "1001 Books", so I have a little bit of wiggle room in case I start feeling rebellious.

Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you!
Lezlie

No comments: