NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Need To Organize


Wow! Pile-up on TBR Expressway!

First, a couple weeks ago the library had a bunch come in for me all at the same time:

Books:

Homo Politicus by Dana Milbank
The Aviary Gate by Katie Hickman
Mistress of the Revolution by Catherine Delors

Audiobooks:

Phantom Prey by John Sandford
When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by George Carlin
The Broken Window: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel by Jeffery Deaver


None could be renewed due to requests, so I whipped through the books and I'm finishing up the audiobooks today and tomorrow. In the meantime, my ARCs are patiently waiting while I attend to my library books. Once my library commitments are all finished, I start on My Lady of Cleves by Margaret Campbell Barnes, due out in October, thinking I'll move on to The Tsarina's Daughter by Carolly Erickson, also due out in October, right after that. But wait! I just got The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner in the mail!! Yippee!! That will be next! Hang on there, Bucko. That's not all. The library just called. On hold there:

Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk
Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
Odd Hours by Dean Koontz (audiobook)

All can only be checked out for two weeks. Yup. Long request list. Everything in this post needs to be done by July 30 at the very latest.

This is going to take some creative time management. . . I love when this happens!! :-)

Happy Reading, Everyone!




10 comments:

Passages to the Past said...

The Last Queen and My Lady of Cleves? I am soooo jealous! We know what you're doing this weekend!

Marg said...

I have My Lady of Cleves here to read as well, but haven't managed to get hold of The Last Queen.

I have Mudbound on request from the library but it hasn't come in yet! When it does I fully expect seven other books to come in at the same time just to add to the pressure!

Anonymous said...

Two weeks? That would put a cramp in my life. Ours is for three weeks and if no one has a hold on the next available copy, I can renew two more times. Louisianians are slow readers...lol!

Marg said...

Ours is generally 4 weeks, with the option of renewing two more times if no one else has requested the books!

Terri B. said...

This sounds familiar! I too have gotten myself into a "bookjam" this month. Add on top of that work and helping my sister with her wedding that takes place in about 2 weeks. Geesh!

Kara said...

Sounds like an exciting time. You are definitely going to be busy the next couple of weeks!!! Good Luck. I will be anxiously awaiting your reviews.

Andi said...

LOL! TBR pile-ups are the best! I'm curious what you'll think of Snuff. I haven't gotten up the proverbial balls to read it yet.

Lezlie said...

Amy ~ And I'm looking forward to every minute of it. :-)

Marg ~ I'm almost finished with My Lady of Cleves. I love that half the book is about after Henry set her aside. She always seems to be all but forgotten about after that in other books. The Last Queen comes out on July 29, so it won't be long!

J. Kaye ~ Normally it is three weeks, but if there is a long wait list for new books like this, they shorten it by a week. It gives me a great excuse to do nothing but read. :-)

Marg ~ If there's no wait list, we can renew a couple times also. I've had to take advantage of that a few times. . . :-)

Terri ~ Wow! You're busy! I have a bunch of singing shows coming up in the next few weeks, so I need to get a lot of reading done before then.

Kara ~ I'll get them up as soon as I can. I'm doomed if I start letting them pile up!

Andi ~ Snuff is one that I picked up because the premise is so crazy. I normally wouldn't have gone there, but for some reason with this one I just had to. I'll keep you posted!

L.

Anonymous said...

Lately I've been checking out way to many books out from the library for my own good. I don't know how I'll ever manage to get through them all, but somehow I do.

Lezlie said...

Natasha ~ It's a great excuse to ignore the housework. :-)

Lezlie