NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Tuesday, December 16, 2008

N OR M?

by Agatha Christie



N or M? is the second full-length Tommy and Tuppence mystery. It finds our heroes years after their adventures in The Secret Adversary. They are now middle-aged and bored. Their children are grown and away, and Tommy and Tuppence are desperate to find a way to help England's war efforts and feel useful once again. Do you think they'll find hunting traitors exciting enough?

Tommy and Tuppence Beresford are a couple of my favorite Christie characters. Sadly, there are only a handful of books featuring the daring pair. They differ from most of her other recurring characters in that they are more involved in espionage rather than general detective work. Adding to the uniqueness of N or M? is the fact that it is the rare Agatha Christie book to feature a specific wartime setting. It is WWII, so those of you looking for a light read for your War Through The Generations Reading Challenge might want to check this one out!



No comments: