NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Thursday, October 1, 2009

LLP: 2009 Fourth Quarter Goals



And here we are. The final quarter of the first year of my Lifetime Learning Project. I have been having a ball with this! I may not accomplish some of the exact goals I set out earlier this year, but I have learned so much about myself and my habits that I'm very excited about continuing the Project next year. I have already begun my Annual Goals post so I don't forget some of the things I want to include. You'll have to wait until later for that though. :-)

In the meantime, here are the things I'd like to do over the next three months toward my 2009 Annual Goals:

1) Finish the rest of my Reading Challenges. I only have eight left, and if I can polish those off I'll have completed all twenty challenges I signed up for this year. This is my main goal.

2) Compose an essay on the use of Reading Challenges for personal growth and self-education. Here it is!

3) Finish watching The Teaching Company DVDs for The Art of Reading.

Let's get started!



8 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I admire when people set goals and stick to them. Yours seem attainable; good luck!

Lezlie said...

Diane ~ Thanks! My "stick to it"-ness is questionable, but *something* is getting done, and that's a point in my favor. :-) I've learned enough to know had to go easy this last quarter!

Lezlie

Rebecca Reid said...

I don't see any question that you're sticking to your goals! Great job on all those challenges! I'm not doing so great on mine....

Lezlie said...

Rebecca ~ But you're doing other really cool things, so that completely makes up for it. :-)

Lezlie

Anna said...

I can't believe we're on the final stretch of the year. It just flew by. Good luck with your goals. I'm confident you can achieve them.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Lezlie said...

Anna ~ Thanks! The year really is flying by. Sometimes we wish we could slow it down just a little.

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

Dear Author booksnbordercollies.blogspot.com !
I am final, I am sorry, but, in my opinion, this theme is not so actual.

Lezlie said...

Anonymous ~ I'm not sure what you mean, but that's cool. I've decided to keep next year's Project private anyway, since it really is just for my own personal growth. Thanks for stopping by!

Lezlie