NOTICE: (Updated March 5, 2010)

Beginning December 19, 2009, Books 'N Border Collies will be posting but only intermittently while I pursue personal goals. I plan to share some reading I'm doing, but there will be no reviews. I will, however, be sharing my exploration of vegetarian cooking and the cookbooks and websites I use to educate myself. I hope you enjoy it!

Lezlie



Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rolling Up My Sleeves


So, I've decided to get serious. How serious? This is what I have being delivered to me today:



After checking out the Table of Contents, I thought Writing About Literature: Step by Step looked like the perfect text for my little adult homeschooling project. I can't wait to get my hands on it! We've got a Timberwolves game to go to this evening, so I won't really be able to crack it open until tomorrow. I'll also have my copy of The Cambridge Introduction to Narrative by then, so it will be all about schoolin' myself this weekend. Fun!!



7 comments:

zetor said...

Sleeves rolled up , pen at the ready! Thanks for comment , I thought 'Innocent Traitor' was wonderful too. At 16 , to be so strong and brave , fantastic. I know what you mean about the creepy-crawlies though. I'm considering 'The Lady Elizabeth' next in history books, there is an extract at the back of Lady Jane's book and it is so tempting. I'd better check my purse first,lol

Lezlie said...

Zetor ~ Excellent! I'll start getting the homework questions ready. :-) I liked The Lady Elizabeth, but I wasn't as entranced by it as I was by Innocent Traitor. I think that was because I'm far more familiar with Elizabeth's story than Lady Jane's. I hope you love it when you get your hands on it!

Lezlie

Jo-Jo said...

So it's fun and games tonight, but hit the books for the weekend. This one sounds like it will be a great course...Enjoy!

Lezlie said...

Jo-Jo ~ Sure is! And I'm not sure which one I'm more excited about! :-)

Lezlie

Ladytink_534 said...

Sounds interesting! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it! (lol--> "little adult homeschooling project")

joanna said...

Sounds great, good luck Lezlie! You're really inspiring me to some homeschooling myself...

Lezlie said...

Joanna ~ If I could inspire other readers to do the same, I would be honored! :-) I'll let you all know if these texts work out for me. I have my eye on a few others, too, for in the future.

Lezlie